Thursday, November 20, 2008

Short History

My name is Wira, my friends called me; Lecir. Nothing special about why they called me like that. I was born and grew up in Denpasar Bali.

I was just like other kids who grown up in the 90's, my friends and older relatives introduced me to their favorite 70's - 80's hairy metal bands such; Iron Maiden, Helloween, Metallica, Judas Priest, Guns N Roses, Sepultura and many other just to name a few.

But, the thing that was really influence me when my father bought me a "tape compo" - a portable tape player the brand was "INTEL" I was 7 years old at that time. The tape player he bought for me was complete with 2 cassettes, the bands were GOD BLESS and SWAMI. Since then, I start listen to heavy music, when I was attending the kids birthday party, I would sing the songs from SWAMI; Bongkar and Bento, while others sang the song from Bondan Prakoso "si lumba-lumba".

Circa '92-'95, was the grunge invasion in Bali. Lots of Balinese bands are into Seattle sounds. I still remember when I watch the bands called; Obligasi, Over Drive, Navicula rock the stage at GOR Ngurah Rai and Lila Bhuawana, GOR Ngurah Rai is a sport hall in Denpasar Bali.

When Green Day's Dookie, and The Offspring's Smash was around, I start to listen to them and amaze with the sound and attitude....
In the age of 14, I start my own band with some friends from my neighborhood area, this band was covering Green Day, Parade Of Loser. I was on vocal and play guitar.

This band was disbanded when the bass player leave the band, when he decided to pursue his carrier in tourism industry, like other Balinese does.

Me and the drummer commit to continue the band, we recruited 3 more people and form a band that cover Bad Religion's songs. But this time I was just play guitar.
This band was trying to wrote some songs of their own, but none of them were recorded.
in the year of 2000 this band is disbanded.
Since then I try to set up some other band, this time I play bass and sing, this band was also no longer exist.

After graduated from high school, I try to find a job. It was in 2001, WTC was attacked in NY, the effect was until Bali too. No tourists mean no business and less of work available.

In 2002, a friend of mine took me to Twice back yard and introduced me with Jerinx of SID.

In a show, I watched SID playing and Jerinx was asked me to be the crew for him. Since then I start following the band...

Starting as a drum crew, working together with Lolot on guitar tech...we hit various stages around Denpasar and Kuta.

I got professionally paid at the show in Planet Hollywood, I was like..."wow, I can earn money by doing this!"

Superman Is Dead gain their national success in 2003, the album was "Kuta Rock City" and release by Sony Music Indonesia,
in 2004 I was the head crew for SID touring around Bali, East Java, Lombok, and several cities in Sulawesi in 2005 as their Tour Manager.

While I work for SID, I'm also managed Jerinx other band; Devildice, and also manage Psychofun and The Brews.

After few years now I'm only the band Manager for Psychofun.

I really proud of doing this, fuck yeah....I did Tour Manager for SID.

Now I'm just watch the progress of my scene in Denpasar and Bali, love to go to a concert with young talented bands are playing.

1 comment:

magicsharing said...

nice blog dude..
keep good workin'..
^^